Thursday, March 17, 2011

Review! Currency of Souls

Before I begin I just want to thank Belinda Frisch author of Dead Spell for recommending this awesome book to me. I never would've discovered it had she not.

TITLE:Currency of Souls
AUTHOR:Kealan Patrick Burke

SYNOPSIS:
Welcome to Eddie's Tavern, the only functioning waterhole in a near-dead town. Among the people you'll meet tonight are: Tom, Milestone's haunted lawman, who walks in the shadow of death; Gracie, the barmaid, a wannabe actress, doomed to spend her hours tending bar in a purgatory of her father's making; Flo, the town seductress, who may or may not have murdered her husband; Cobb, a nudist awaiting an apology from the commune who cast him out; Wintry, the mute giant, whose story is told only in cryptic messages scribbled beneath newspaper headlines; Kyle, the kid, who keeps a loaded gun beneath the table; and Cadaver, who looks like a corpse, but smells real nice, and occupies his time counting stacks of pennies. And then there's Reverend Hill, who will be in at eleven, regular as clockwork, to tell them who's going to die, and who's going to drive. Welcome to Eddie's, where tonight, for the first time in three years, nothing will go according to plan.

MY REVIEW:
 I absolutely loved this book. I wish I hadn't been so busy and finished it sooner. While reading this great tale I felt like I was being pulled in multiple directions then spun around    till I fell over, and trust me that was an amazing feeling. Kealan Burke tells a strange and and mind boggling story that keeps you wanting to turn the page. The characters make you want to hug them, punch them, and kill them all at the same time. You want nothing more to grab those keys off of the bar table in the story and drive into some of them. I don't want to give away any spoilers but I'll definitely say I never saw the ending coming!!!   Just read the synopsis, if you don't read the story after that then you will be missing out big time. I loved this tale and can't wait to read more of Kealan Burke's novels.

MY RATING:
One Beautiful Wedding Cake!
i read the Kindle Edition
you can pick up Currency of Souls:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What I've Read.

Fahrenheit 451
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mistletoe Murder
The Devil Wears Prada
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lovely Bones
Like Water for Chocolate
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bridget Jones's Diary
Life Seemed Good, But....
The Nanny Diaries
Exiled, Book 1
Beautiful Sins
The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood
The Hunt for Red October
A PITTSBURGH AFFAIR
The Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Ashley's favorite books »
}