Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Book Review! Dead Spell.

Ok. This is my first official review. 
I'd like to start off by saying I would have never seen this book had my husband not put it on his "to read" list on Goodreads. This is an awesome read and I highly recommend it.
 Here we go.

TITLE: Dead Spell
AUTHOR: Belinda Frisch

SYNOPSIS: 

Harmony is very outspoken and what you could consider "a wild child" due to a bad home life. She is tormented by a mysterious spirit named Tom. Only her best friend Brea, a much more quiet and reserved teen, knows, and believes Harmony about the ominous ghost. But when the haunting of Harmony ultimately leads to her death, it's up to Brea to find out who or what this "Tom" character actually is, before she becomes the next victim. 

MY REVIEW:

    From the moment I picked up Dead Spell I was completely hooked! I could not put it down. I read this book on my Kindle and it took me maybe two hours.  I read it straight through.  Belinda Frisch tells a wonderful story that makes you understand the true meaning of friendship.  The relationship between Brea and Harmony made me laugh, cry, and even get angry as I followed their journey in this novel. It is very interesting to see the effects on all of the characters based upon  the decisions each girl makes.  
    Belinda paints a wonderful picture of Harmony and her declining mental state as well as Brea's transformation from the meek girl that gets pushed around, to the girl that is standing up for herself and becoming more independent. You support her every step of the way, as she's fighting for the truth. 
    Again. I say I highly recommend this book. It will make you happy and sad. It will make you laugh and even make you afraid of those bumps in the night.

MY RATING: 
A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING CAKE!


I consider this book as one of My Top 5 of 2011.
Dead Spell is available:


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the review! I'm going to put this book on my TBR list right now.

Post a Comment

What I've Read.

Fahrenheit 451
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mistletoe Murder
The Devil Wears Prada
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lovely Bones
Like Water for Chocolate
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bridget Jones's Diary
Life Seemed Good, But....
The Nanny Diaries
Exiled, Book 1
Beautiful Sins
The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood
The Hunt for Red October
A PITTSBURGH AFFAIR
The Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Ashley's favorite books »
}