Thursday, April 28, 2011

Review-A Pittsburgh Affair

Title: A Pittsburgh Affair
Author: T.L. Peters

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Spencer Wedgeworth, a rising young star in an elite law firm, fears that he is being drawn into an international crime ring headed by his superiors at the firm, including some rather flashy and violent women. Aided by a quirky paralegal planted to spy on him and with whom he falls madly in love, Spencer uncovers the real truth about the contraband that he has been spiriting around the globe, a truth far more terrible than anything he could have imagined. But when his friend and long time mentor betrays him, Spencer flees to Bolivia where he has it out with the mob bosses in a wild brawl instigated by his girlfriend. Will Spencer survive to see justice done, or will he become just another in a long line of unfortunate victims in a violent, no-holds barred game of espionage and murder?

My Review:
This novel surprised me. In the beginning it was hard for me to get involved, even though the first chapter was fast-paced. I'm not sure exactly what was keeping me from really being taken in by the book. But, I pressed on and once all of the other characters started showing up I was in. From there it was a fact-paced, thriller, sometimes even a bit humorous. I especially loved Moonglow. =) She was super awesome, and she kicked ass. Literally. 
There were a few grammatical errors, although they didn't deter from the story. And I felt that some of the characters and situations were under-developed.
Overall, it was an enjoyable read.

My Rating:
Some book lovers cupcakes


pick up this book @

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What I've Read.

Fahrenheit 451
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mistletoe Murder
The Devil Wears Prada
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lovely Bones
Like Water for Chocolate
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bridget Jones's Diary
Life Seemed Good, But....
The Nanny Diaries
Exiled, Book 1
Beautiful Sins
The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood
The Hunt for Red October
A PITTSBURGH AFFAIR
The Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Ashley's favorite books »
}