Thursday, June 02, 2011

Review - Violet Midnight

Title: Violet Midnight
(The Enchanters #1)
Author: Allie Burke

Synopsis (Goodreads):
"He knew she was gone the second her cool touch withdrew from his arm. He never saw her but had felt her disappear into some cold, dark place. He perceived the black emptiness where she had been summoned, her deep anxiety filling his heart. But he couldn't reach her. He didn't even know her name." 

Elias moved to Hazel Grove, California to get away from the rain, his parents, and everything that was taken from him in Hayward, Washington. But he thinks he may be going crazy when he starts seeing purple glitter in the air, the scent of rosemary is everywhere, and he is hearing a beautiful voice.

Jane is content in her life of solitude in the quiet town of Jasmyn Lake, but when her special magic sends her on a journey to meet the man she has been dreaming about for months, she cannot resist.

Look into the world of The Enchanters, where water has a sense of humor, trees scare people, and love - is destiny.

My Review:
    A fascinating and intriguing read. I've always enjoyed books that dealt with the elements, and this will be another to add to my favorites shelf. 

Jane is an Enchanter. But she's special, she is The Enchanter. One of a kind, with the ability to control all of the elements. 


Elias Lindin is an artist who is mourning the death of his twin brother. 


When the two finally meet......It is just magic. 


*~*~*~*~*~*


Usually I don't read romances. It's just me. But this one was so adorable. I particularly loved that she had been dreaming about him for so long, and that when he finally saw her, he was just awed. Although their relationship does progress rather quickly, I didn't feel that it detracted from the story. And the love scenes...well.... =D *blushes*.... super sexy......
I do wish that some elements of the story had been elaborated more on, i.e. the mob involvement, and why the other Enchanters were after her... but there are two more books, so hopefully those questions will be revealed for me. 
What I loved best about this book were the amazing descriptions Allie gives. Everything is so detailed, I felt like I was right there in Jasmyn Lake. I also loved the fact the Jane's aura was violet, but it changed color when it rained. Super awesome! Great story with steamy love scenes and a few twists that I didn't see coming.

My Rating:
An Amazing Wedding Cake


pick up this sweet book @

~*~*~*~*~

EMERALD DESTINY
(The Enchanters #2)
AVAILABLE NOW @


2 comments:

Evie said...

Sounds fantastic! I won a copy of this book a while ago at Allie's blog and I'm hoping to be able to read it soon. Allie is a fantastic person, she's so kind and sweet! one of my favorite writers! :)
I'm so glad to hear you liked her book, Ash! :)

I RT about this review!

Allie said...

Ash... Wow. Feel so... humbled by your review. Thank you so much.

And... I'm glad someone else is blushing besides me, for a change. :)

Evie, I love you. Just... love. Thank you.

Post a Comment

What I've Read.

Fahrenheit 451
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mistletoe Murder
The Devil Wears Prada
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lovely Bones
Like Water for Chocolate
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bridget Jones's Diary
Life Seemed Good, But....
The Nanny Diaries
Exiled, Book 1
Beautiful Sins
The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood
The Hunt for Red October
A PITTSBURGH AFFAIR
The Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Ashley's favorite books »
}