Monday, June 20, 2011

Review - Amaretto Flame


Title: Amaretto Flame
Author: Sammie Spencer

Synopsis (Goodreads):
When Olivia Landry screams, people die. No wonder she's been shunned by humans her whole life. When Olivia makes a huge mistake, she's banished for a summer to a human town; forced to live as one of them. She's out for revenge when she discovers the humans are different than she imagined, especially the rugged, sexy guitarist, Jackson Vance.

Pretending to be human isn't as hard as she thought it would be...until the witch hunters attack. Now Olivia must somehow protect herself, her family, and her new human friends. There's a problem with that. When you go around screaming, people are bound to learn your secret. Can love really conquer anything?

My Review:
When you pick up a book, you want to feel connected to it. You want to be absorbed in it. That is exactly how I felt while reading Amaretto Flame. Sammie Spencer does a wonderful job of creating this unique cast of characters. And by the time I was done reading this book I was crying my eyes out...
~*~*~*~
You know you've struck gold when you finish a book and you are crying your eyes out! =D
I loved every minute of reading Amaretto Flame. Olivia reminded me of myself in so many ways, it was so easy to connect with her. Her undying loyalty to her family and friends and her strong personality made for a very likable and well developed character. Although a few times during the book I wanted to slap some sense in to her. LOL.
As for the amazingly sexy Jackson??? Can we say RAWR!!! *Sigh....Oh yea. Too Scoops please! ;-D The chemistry between the two of them made a habanero look like a red hot. 
As for the rest of the cast? Each one had their particular moment to shine.
~*~*~*~
Seriously though, this book was very well crafted and well written and there was a bit of a twist that I didn't expect. But it really made the story. Here's my quick summary:
~*~
Olivia has been punished and forced into seclusion by one of the only people she's ever trusted. After being sent away to a human town, Liv-vy's stubbornness starts to surface and she takes a job at a local bar. Here she starts to let her guard down a bit, befriends some of her co-workers, and even starts to ignite a romance. But when the Venator attacks one of her coven family members, all bets are off. She must now fight to defend herself, her friends and her coven, while trying to discover what or who the Venator are after.
~*~
 My favorite scenes? Definitely the poker scene in the bar. And the ending of course!!!
I very much hope there is a sequel, because I would love to read more about The Eagleton Coven.
Fantastic Job Sammie.
(and just so you know, I was drinking my coffee with my Amaretto flavored creamer when I finished this book.)

My Rating:
An Amazing Wedding Cake



pick up Amaretto Flame @

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What I've Read.

Fahrenheit 451
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mistletoe Murder
The Devil Wears Prada
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lovely Bones
Like Water for Chocolate
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bridget Jones's Diary
Life Seemed Good, But....
The Nanny Diaries
Exiled, Book 1
Beautiful Sins
The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood
The Hunt for Red October
A PITTSBURGH AFFAIR
The Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Ashley's favorite books »
}